Taking a walk

[Inspired by http://lifeistheteacher.wordpress.com/2012/01/07/my-only-experience-in-a-public-high-school-and-a-call-to-action/]

Frank was walking around, window-shopping while waiting for the time to come to perform at the near middle school. He was a sixteen-year old guitarist who was visiting a friend and got an offer to perform on a Friday in the friend's class. Frank was homeschooled so classes bored him to tears; he preferred to discover what was interesting in this part of the town instead of listening to a teacher drone about a subject he had absolutely no interest in.

Unfortunately, close to the time he was actually preparing to go back to the school, he got stopped by two cops who started asking questions about who he was and what he was doing there. It was clear they believed him to be a truant student but even so, Frank thought, why was it their business?

"I'm a musician; I'm performing at the school here in about half an hour."

"Right, kid, pull the other one," one of the cops said.

Frank was surprised at the disrespect. "Why do you assume I'm lying? And why is it your business anyway?"

"Kid, if I want your opinion I'll give it to you. Where do you live?"

Frank narrowed his eyes. He was starting to get pissed off. "I don't like how you guys behave. Is this your understanding of ‘protect and serve'? I'm a citizen minding my own business; please mind your own." Frank was not going to start anything, but if they annoyed him too much he was going to defend himself.

"Kid," the second cop said, "I think you need some time in jail to cool down. Put your hands behind your head and turn around."

Frank ignored his order. "So you think that might makes right, huh? You can force me to do what you want and that makes it ok? If I could kill you, would that be ok too?"

Both cops put their hands on their guns. "Is that a threat?"

Frank blinked. "Wow, you're stupid even for a cop. Yes, it's a threat."

"That's it!" one of them barked, pulling out his gun. "Hands behind your head, now; you're under arrest."

Frank ignored him once again. "Last chance; cool down and leave or this is the last time you're bullying anyone." He could feel the energy gathering around him and knew that his eyes would soon start to glow. From the descriptions of those who really knew him and what he could do, he knew that would look awesome and scary at the same time.

One of the cops grabbed his shoulder and tried to turn him around. Frank turned his head to look at him and touched him back. Everything went nuts as the cop's arm burst into flames.

The other cop had not pulled his gun before; he did now and shot at Frank. Frank switched his attention from the first cop, who was now screaming his throat raw, and started moving towards the second. The cop kept shooting and backing off, throwing his gun at Frank when the slide locked back. "What are you?" he screamed.

"A kid, I think you called me," Frank replied calmly, still moving towards him. "I just hate bullies. Have you learnt your lesson? Are you going to stop annoying peaceful people? On second thought," he continued without waiting for a reply, "I don't think I trust you." He pointed his finger at the cop who started screaming in fear, expecting to share his colleague's fate. "Might does not make right," he thundered, "but I'm not against using one's opinions against him. Don't make me come after you."

With that, Frank disappeared. A few seconds later, the fire that had by now engulfed the first cop completely went out and his skin started to heal. He was back to normal in less than a minute.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Posting dynamic Master / Detail forms with Knockout

Comparing Excel files, take two

EF Code First: seeding with foreign keys