Sunday, June 12, 2011

Communist USA

Here's something I never thought I'd see in the US (as bad as I believe it has become):

Ideas Matter, a pro-IP propaganda site build by Microsoft and others, has the following on their About page:

In the words of President Barack Obama: "Our single greatest asset is..."


Bear with me while I'm freaking out here. I grew up in communist Romania until I was 18. Any time you wanted to write something - including in school essays - we would have to quote the beloved president. Freaking programming books, few as they were, would have something that the president said in their introduction.

What the hell???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, that's it? Somebody quotes Obama and bam, we're communist? Wow.

Marcel said...

It's an instinctive reaction. I read that and went back to a childhood of planned power outages, 8-hour lines to buy milk and having to write essays on the advantages of our communist economy over the filthy capitalist one of the US. (Hehe, if they only knew...)